Black Media: Reflecting on the Past and Reimagining the Future is a day-long symposium created to highlight Black media professionals and their innovative and important work in the journalism, PR, marketing, advertising, and film industries.
Our symposium speakers have broken barriers in their fields, amplified Black voices and stories, and navigated the challenges that still exist for Black storytellers and communications professionals. Their experiences and perspectives will be shared on panels ranging in topics from the future of antiracist journalism to cultivating diverse talent in the media industry.
Attendees will network with other media professionals, gain insight into their own careers and ambitions, and celebrate the important work–past, present, and future–of Black media.
Registration is open.
- Friday, September 22, 2023
- Members of the BU community and others interested in Black media
- Free admission with registration.
Howard Thurman Center for Common Ground
808 Commonwealth Avenue, Brookline, MA
- AAJA New England
- Boston Young Black Professionals
- COM Student Government
- Get Konnected!
- NAHJ New England
- New England First Amendment Coalition
- New England Newspaper and Press Association
- Boston chapter of the NLGJA: The Association of LGBTQ Journalists
- Shorenstein Center for Media, Politics and Public Policy
- Sisters United
- SPJ New England
- The Block
- The Secret Society of Black Creatives